Probiotic Powder for toddlers through teens is a shelf-stable, family-friendly, multi-species and multi-strain probiotic powder formula. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria or live microorganisms, that work by colonizing the small and large intestines. They inhibit the growth and activity of harmful organisms. Research shows that certain strains of probiotics help restore a healthy gut flora after the use of antibiotics and cases of diarrhea. Orange Naturals Probiotic Powder is formulated with species naturally found in the human intestinal microflora and frequently documented in the research for their therapeutic action.
- Helps maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora
- Supports a healthy intestinal tract
- Eight predominant probiotic species specially formulated for the growing needs of infants, children and adolescents
- Contains the three species kids need most: Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium infantis and Bifidobacterium longum
- Shelf stable and easy for travel as no refrigeration is needed
- Optimal levels of each species to foster healthy gut flora
- Powder for easy of use – just add to water, juice or smoothies
Temporarily modifies intestinal flora.
Age 1 - 2 yrs: 5 billion CFU (1/4 teaspoon daily)
Age 3 - 5 yrs: 10 billion CFU (1/4 teaspoon, twice daily)
Age 6 - 11 yrs: 15 billion CFU (1/4 teaspoon, three times daily)
Age 12+ yrs: 20 billion CFU (1/2 teaspoon, twice daily)
Take at least 2 - 3 hours before or after antibiotics.
Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition such as AIDS or lymphoma. This product has come into contact with milk and soy. Do not use if you are allergic to dairy or soy products.
Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea, or severe abdominal pain.
Do not use if you are undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment.
Discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset, such as diarrhoea, occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days.
Each 1/4 teaspoon contains:
- L.rhamnosus 1.990 billion CFU
- L.plantarum 1.300 billion CFU
- B.longum 0.500 billion CFU
- L.acidophilus 0.500 billion CFU
- B.breve 0.200 billion CFU
- B.bifidum 0.170 billion CFU
- B.infantis 0.170 billion CFU
- L.helveticus 0.170 billion CFU
Total: 5 billion CFU minimum
Non Medicinal Ingredients
Maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, ascorbic acid.